IT Business Analyst (Contractor)
Business Analyst - Contractor
The Business Analyst supports the product team, acting as liaison between business and development teams. This position is to gather and validate business requirements for our Full Truck Load (FTL) line of business and start designing process flows that will be built as part of our NextGen platform. They ensure that business and user requirements are appropriately captured and incorporated into the system, confirming there are no gaps between business requirements and what is being delivered by development teams. The position will be accountable for all requirements to build functional software. The position includes translating requirements/goals into technical objectives. The role ensures business requirements are fully represented through the SAFe development process by creating epics, stories, use cases, and technical specifications. The role is cross-functional, and throughout development, the Business Analyst interfaces with customers and end users and demonstrates products to ensure business requirements are fulfilled and usability is confirmed. In addition, the Business Analyst will drive the SAFe development processes across teams, ensuring there is high collaboration and feedback with business stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Assess, update, and maintain the business vision of product from beginning to end, from planning through execution and beyond
- Learn and understand business operations, sales processes, integration points, and end-to-end flow of a business transaction
- Learn and understand end-to-end use of systems and products from an end user perspective
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, business owners and end customers to understand and document business requirements, use cases and acceptance criteria
- Create user stories and detailed technical scenarios including acceptance criteria that support software development requests
- Seek to understand what system is required to do, and what it should not do
- Establish and lead regular sessions and product demonstrations with business leaders and end customers to ensure alignment and appropriate interpretation of requirements; update requirements documents based on outcomes of product demonstrations
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product and business strategy
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with project managers, architects, developers, and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles and to ensure there is clear understanding of product vision
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Define scope of initial product release, ensuring definition of Most Viable Product (MVP) is clearly documented and aligned
- Assess impact of requirements changes, creating a balanced approach (tradeoff between value vs. time) to decision making
- Drive feature and story grooming to identify high value items and prioritize them in the backlog accordingly within team sprint planning session
- Understand Architecture standards and technology solutions being utilized, working closely with Architects to align technical specifications to those standards
- Perform requirements validation testing of development deliverables to ensure that solutions address business needs and meet acceptance criteria outlined
- Maintain documentation of user stories and technical specifications within development tool
- Assist with UX design and discovery planning to prioritize MVP UX features(god8cj)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of IT experience, at least 3 in product management or product development for consumer web application
- Experience working as part of a team defining a completely new software product
- 3+ years Product Owner or Business Analyst experience in highly collaborative business-facing role
- Experience with Agile development methodology and development toolsets from Atlassian suite (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience creating process flows as UML diagrams or other similar methodologies
- Experience working with cloud native applications and architecture
- Experience with release management processes
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in the logistics/transportation industry or adjacent industries applicable to WWEX
- Agile development methodologies
- Common business practices and software product design
- Change management
- Building collaborative relationships across teams, leaders, and vendors
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical and forward thinking.
- Organizational effectiveness, and solution development
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needsof any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC ,(collectively “Worldwide Express”) striveto make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.