PURPOSEThe Development Operations Engineer will work collaboratively with the Systems Operations team, Applications Development team and Rackspace team, to deploy and operate the systems at Worldwide Express. This position will help automate and streamline the operations and processes and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES:
- Build process, procedures, and controls for applications development team around source control.
- Partner with project manager and application developers for successful release management.
- Support and maintain Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket and other related software products to assist in source control, migration, and change management.
- Perform system administration tasks in Linux and Windows Servers, including maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, software installation, upgrades, and backup/recovery.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
- Manage relations with different teams and at various locations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for CMS, ITSM, Change control, and other system operation process’s.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- 3+ years of related experience.
- 5+ RHEL systems administration
- Strong experience with DevOps technologies including Source Code Control, Build/Deployment Management, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with developing branching Strategy for GIT and Bitbucket Source Control Management tools.
- Strong scripting skills to automate infrastructure monitoring and the deployment of software releases to development, UAT, and production environments.
- Excellent knowledge of the operating system(s) and automation tools.
- Excellent knowledge of source control and migration software.
- Knowledge of migrating code, database changes, through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of how IT operations are managed.
- Knowledge of Cloud technology’s, AWS, AZURE…., and the services they provide.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Ability to handle projects for integration of Bitbucket and Jenkins, specifically in Agile development environment, working closely with various Applications Development teams.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Problem solving.
- Technical Expertise.
- Communication/Collaboration with all levels.
- Data management. (tk9nah)
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be a small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC, and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC, (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons.
Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.