VP of Truckload Product
VP of Truckload Product
The VP Truckload Product is responsible for understanding the Worldwide Express (WWE) truckload business, strategy and the overall marketplace and use that knowledge to develop a product strategy that will drive continued growth in the Worldwide Express (WWE) truckload business. More specifically, this position will work closely with the CTO to design an end-user system that can accommodate the direct booking of truckload shipments by customers as well as serve the internal truckload team’s needs in booking and servicing shipments for customers with dramatically improved efficiency and effectiveness. This design will be built on the new WWE “greenfield” logistics platform that will enable deep integration with third party systems, the other WWE lines of business, be a springboard for continued innovation, and will incorporate the use of Salesforce CRM platform for our sales, service and marketing teams.
- Exhibits a solid understanding of the organization’s business objectives, opportunities, and processes
- Leads the product strategy formulation, specifically around the use of technology to leapfrog the market and drive business growth, scale, and effectiveness
- Constructively lead and work with other business and technical team members, representing the truckload business and its objectives
- Provides innovative approaches to business outcomes to create new solutions that achieve competitive advantage
- When more than one viable solution exists, arbitrate amongst contributors and get consensus on the way forward
- Enables decision making, secures buy-in, and collaborates to resolve conflicts expediently and deliver results
- Seeks out information internally and externally. Can analyze business proposals, 3rd party software offerings, marketplace information, and associated data to formulate and execute on a business strategy
- Effectively communicates to different audiences, both in written and oral form, including the C-suite
- Presents unbiased ideas, opinions and recommendations to peers, leaders and executive team
- Fully understands end-to-end use of the systems from an end user perspective
- Collaborates with stakeholders to understand emerging business needs and opportunities, seeks out marketplace trends, and understands competitor positions and technology to inform truckload strategy
- Build strong relationships with business and technology partners (God8jc)
- Bachelor degree required, Masters degree a plus
- 10+ years of experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries applicable to WWEX
- 4+ years working specifically in the truckload business
- Experience formulating and executing on strategic plans
- Experience working as part of a team
- Ability to travel 25 – 50% of the time depending on business needs
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company
- Complete understanding of the Truckload business and freight industry as a whole
- Demonstrated very strong communication and collaborative relationship building skills
- Exposure to and business knowledge of modern technology including, cloud, micro-services, CRM, and connectivity platforms
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Dedicated training & management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate our 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express offers customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for your global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest business partner in North America our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to a C-Level executive while letting UPS do what they do best, deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with ups WWE has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWE provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small to medium sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Director of Worldwide Express.