IT Platform Architect (Contractor)
The Platform Architect leads, prioritizes and develops the overall architecture for one or more product lines, including the application, integration and connectivity architecture. This position works as part of the architecture team, using the overall platform reference architecture as a guide. This position will work collaboratively with other technology leaders to develop the technical components of a next generation system with the Worldwide Express enterprise, including, but not limited to data model, services model, integration strategy, and user experience. The position will also maintain a business focus in ensuring the correct alignment of the technology with the business needs, and a technology focus in enduring the ongoing technology used is complying with the architectural strategy and standards.
- Exhibits a solid understanding of the organization’s business objectives, opportunities, and processes, and how to best apply technology to optimize business performance
- Leads and progresses architectural plans and activities in the organization. Constructively lead and work with other team members, as well as with members of other organizational teams
- Provides innovative approaches to business outcomes in order to create new solutions that achieve competitive advantage
- When more than one viable solution exists, arbitrate amongst contributors and get consensus on the way forward
- Enables decision making, secures buy-in, and collaborates to deliver results and to resolve conflicts expediently
- Seeks out information internally and externally. Is able to analyze business proposals and plans and to identify the appropriate architectural solutions to address these, bearing in mind costs and risks
- Effectively communicates to different audiences, both in written and oral form
- Has a practical and pragmatic ability to work directly with development teams to implement the stated architecture and ensure it is translated to a working, high-performing system
- Presents unbiased ideas, opinions and recommendations to peers, leaders and executive team
- Learns and understands end-to-end use of the systems from an end user perspective
- Collaborates with stakeholders to understand emerging business needs and opportunities
- Seeks to understand what the platform is required to do and what it should not do. Sets operational standards and resource usage “budgets”
- Build strong relationships with business and technology partners (God8jc)
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ years of IT experience, at least 4 in application architecture or related role
- 5+ years of experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries applicable to WWEX
- Experience working as part of a team defining complex software products
- Experience working with key technology and modern architectural structures such as AWS, J2EE, SOAP/REST integrations, APIs, Micro Services, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience with open source technology such as Linux, Apache, Java
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company.
- Demonstrated very strong communication and collaborative relationship building skills
- Modern architectural patterns and practical application of patterns
- Agile, specifically SAFe development methodologies
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
- Technical expertise
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Dedicated training & management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate our 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express offers customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for your global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest business partner in North America our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to a C-Level executive while letting UPS do what they do best, deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with ups WWE has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWE provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small to medium sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Director of Worldwide Express.