Freight Operations Specialist I
Freight Operations Specialist I
Are you a problem-solver, a go-getter, a master relationship builder who loves the thrill of helping customers build their business? Do you want to join a sharp, energetic group of colleagues that use a consultative team approach to accomplish their objectives? If so, then you might be a fit for the Worldwide Express team.
WHY WORLDWIDE EXPRESS?
Working at Worldwide Express is an ADVENTURE set in a stable and comfortable corporate environment. The Freight Operations Specialist I position is a rewarding business to business operations opportunity that allows employees to develop professionally while working in a collaborative team environment that offers recognition and advancement for those who perform. Our employees truly control their own destiny.
We buck the trend and promote from within! While other companies look to the outside, we’ve followed this discipline for the past 25 years, which has created and maintained a truly one-of-a-kind culture across our 125 offices nationwide.
Worldwide Express is a high-growth logistics company over 125 offices nationwide. We continue to experience record setting growth wile dominating the market as one of the largest logistics firms in our space. That growth is a result of an active sales force, diligent account management, and personalized customer service. The Freight Operations Specialist I position is a vital to both the account management and the customer service side of our business.
The Dallas office located in Victory Park serves as our Corporate Headquarters. This space is phenomenal and offers a high energy work environment with state-of-the-art hardware/software and all of the amenities that today's business professional desires. The perfect mix of competitiveness and collaboration in this work hard, play hard culture creates a fun environment where you can be very successful while enjoying where you work. You will make friends here.
ROLE OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistent Monday-Friday work schedule, no nights or weekends
- Communicate daily with both customers and carrier partners
- Communicate internally with the sales team
- Maintain a high level of activity over the phone and through our CRM system
- Ability to research, identify and capitalize on profitable opportunities that are presented daily
- Ability to understand and negotiate with customers in relation to fees, products and services
- Ability to establish and expand relationships with key executives and decision makers within each customer and territory
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- 0 – 5 years of experience is ideal
- Bachelors Degree, ideally in communications, business, marketing, management or other business-related field (preferred)
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills at multiple levels
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
- Exceptional written, verbal and non-verbal communication skill
- Customer oriented mindset (RS7PhL)
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Dedicated training & management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate our 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express offers customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for your global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest business partner in North America our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to a C-Level executive while letting UPS do what they do best, deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with ups WWE has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWE provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small to medium sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Director of Worldwide Express.
Customer service, client manager, inbound calls, driven, motivated, administrative, operations, customer care, business to business