Manager of Application Development - IT
The Manager of Application Development will lead a fast-paced software development team in the design, development, and delivery of applications and platforms that service internal users and end customers across multiple lines of business at Worldwide Express. The Manager of Application Development will provide technical and team leadership for a team of 15-20 developers and architects while serving as the interface to business partners to deliver on business requirements. This role will report to the VP of Internal Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Ensure timely completion of software delivery, including the production of high-quality code utilizing various technology and architecture frameworks.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology partners.
- Collaborate with business partners to fully understand and document business requirements.
- Maintain a backlog of development initiatives and collaboratively prioritize with business partners.
- Maintain best practices for the software development team including an agile SDLC.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the franchise and customer experience and maintain appropriate workflow and processes.
- Develop strong relationships with technology vendors and other partners and manage on an ongoing basis.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- 8+ years of professional experience with 5+ years in Software Development management.
- Experience in building and leading software development teams with a minimum of 10-20 team members in a growth-oriented business.
- Exposure to CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) using automated pipelines and tools like Jenkins.
- Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies.
- Microservices software development with an emphasis on Java, .NET, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.JS, Bootstrap, Angular, React or other JS. Experience with Oracle APEX would be beneficial. REST APIs.
- Cloud experience - Public (AWS, Azure, GCP), Private and Hybrid.
- Mobile application development.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and DevOps principals and practices.
- Experience with large-scale database, data warehouse, ETL and Business Intelligence.
- Experience with data and analytics tools such as Splunk or ELK.
- Experience with end to end software quality assurance – both manual and automated.
- Experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries applicable to WWEX.
- Organizational Change Management – can influence and lead change within an organization that drives business performance.
- Team leadership, organizational effectiveness, consulting and coaching that inspires technical resources.
- Verbal and written communication skills – able to understand and bridge business requirements between end users and technical resources.
- Conflict management and problem-solving – can build and maintain lasting relationships both within the organization and with external vendors.
- Analytical and decision-making skills – weigh options, build consensus, make a decision and move forward.
- Software Delivery Process Expertise – define, implement and train teams on efficient SDLC processes.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be a small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC ,(collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.