IT Network Specialist
The Network Administrator will work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary corporate support team to provide business technology support services and apply best-in-class practices to all efforts. This position will learn, understand and support the company’s Kansas City office hardware and software needs and utilize technical knowledge, problem solving skills and communication skills to assist others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Support the company’s Kansas City office’s hardware and software needs for day to day technical operation, including WiFi, phone system, network, Training Room, copiers and workstations.
- Oversee, maintain and troubleshoot computers and related peripheral equipment.
- Provide first line technical support via phone, email and/or a desktop support application.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive with user communication.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner, adhering to procedure and protocol.
- Gather user information and determine the core issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues, such as but not limited to: Salesforce.com, Jira Service Desk, Office 365, MetTel etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with department policies.
- Troubleshoot technical problems; notify appropriate technology staff of software failures and provides computer diagnostics.
- Train administrative and clerical staff on basic usage and office applications software such as Excel and PowerPoint. (god8jc)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-3 years relevant experience
- Windows 10, MacOS 10.13x, Email/Network/Computer Troubleshooting, Office 365 a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Attention to Detail.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Continuous learning.
- Hardware/software expertise.
- Planning & Organization/Time Management.
- Problem Solving.
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Dedicated training & management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate our 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express offers customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for your global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest business partner in North America our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to a C-Level executive while letting UPS do what they do best, deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with ups WWE has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWE provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small to medium sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Director of Worldwide Express.