Billing Support Specialist I
Billing Support Specialist
WHY WORLDWIDE EXPRESS?
Worldwide Express is a high-growth logistics company with 125 offices nationwide. We continue to experience record-setting growth while dominating the market as one of the largest logistics firms in our space. That growth is a result of an active sales force, diligent account management, and personalized customer service. The Billing Support Specialist I position is vital to both the account management and the customer service side of our business.
The Billing Support Specialist I position is a rewarding business to business customer support opportunity that allows employees to develop professionally while working in a collaborative team environment that offers recognition and advancement for those who perform. Our employees truly control their own destiny.
We buck the trend and promote from within! While other companies look to the outside, we’ve followed this discipline for the past 25 years, which has created and maintained a true one-of-a-kind culture across our entire organization.
The Dallas office located in Victory Park serves as our Corporate Headquarters and offers a high-energy environment with state-of-the-art hardware/software and all the amenities that today's business professional desires. The perfect mix of competitiveness and collaboration in this work hard, play hard culture creates a fun environment where you can be very successful while enjoying where you work. You will make friends here.
ROLE OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Worldwide Express operates within a fast-paced industry that draws motivated, quick-thinking and proactive people. The company nurtures a culture where ideas, questions, challenges, open two-way communication, and risk-taking are welcomed without fear of failure.
The Billing Support Specialist is responsible for working directly with customers and internal employees to answer questions and resolve issues while maintaining a high level of customer service throughout all communications.
- Field incoming phone calls and emails from customers and internal team members
- Research and resolve billing related inquiries and discrepancies
- Submit credit requests for customers and sales staff
- Provide invoice copies, statements, and payment details to customers
- Update customer contact & billing information
- Process one-time payments
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- 0 - 3 years of logistics experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in communications, business, marketing, management or other business-related fields (preferred)
- Be a motivated team player with a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate eagerness to acquire knowledge and skills, expanding job capabilities
- Strong problem-solving, organization and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and processes
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and provide clear communication across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable managing workload independently and effectively
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Dedicated training & management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program (tk9nah)
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express offers customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be a small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for your global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest business partner in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to a C-Level executive while letting UPS do what they do best, deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWE has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWE provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC, and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Director of Worldwide Express.