Manager of Freight Claims
Manager of Freight Claims
This position focuses on leading all aspects of an efficient day-to-day freight claims process. Provide on-going training and development for all members of the team. In addition, the Freight Claims Manager will foster an environment of excellence in customer service to the Worldwide Express customers, both internal and external.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES:
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Freight Claims team.
- Engage a high level of communication with the district sales manager.
- Handle escalated claim issues.
- Plan and coordinate employee skills and career development.
- Strategize a road map for group goals (KPIs).
- Conduct employee reviews.
- Assist account managers/reps in tracking claim patterns for high-claim-ratio customers.
- Ensure any policy or coverage changes via 3rd party insurance or carriers is understood by the team.
- Encourage a positive environment to empower the team.
- Continue claim strategy building via peers and/or online sites to continually improve the claim process for new and existing customers.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- 4-5 years customer service experience.
- Experience managing a team
- Excel in workflow management and building out processes
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within shipping business.
- Leading and directing the work of other employees.
- Advanced understanding of LTL/FTL services and claims terminology and policy in the logistics world.
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Change management.(bj268u)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN:
- Ability to conduct detailed research.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive and adapt to change quickly while supporting team.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Complex problem solving.
- Motivating others.
- Customer orientation.
- Forward thinking.
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC, and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC, (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.