IT Senior Performance Engineer (Contractor)
Senior Performance Engineer
The Performance Engineer will help develop and implement an automated testing framework that can be used for test driven development as well as continuous regression testing as part of agile scrum development including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). In addition, this position will utilize appropriate test tools, process and practices as defined by the Director of QA and the QA Lead for performance and destructive testing, as well as building in quality standards throughout the SDLC to avoid defects and minimize rework and waste.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Partner with Product Owners, Developers, Cloud Engineers, Architects to develop robust performance testing approach for a microservices architecture.
- Responsible to develop performance test plans, automated test scripts using tools such as Jmeter, Gatling or Similar tool.
- Responsible to identify performance tuning opportunities in custom Java code, Database queries, application configurations make recommendations to other developers in the team.
- Responsible for bottleneck isolation using Application Performance monitoring tools such as DataDog, Dynatrace, NewRelic, Splunk or similar tools.
- Generate periodic test reports showing performance test results comparing to the target performance goals.
- Come up with innovative ideas/suggestions to resolve complex performance issues/defects
- Meet or exceed all defined target test goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science, Engineering or related preferred
- 7+ years of Performance testing experience in a web application environment, testing User Interfaces, backend databases, Web services, API’s, Batch/ETL application components. Experience in creating and implementing performance test methodologies, processes.
- 5+ years of hands-on scripting/coding experience with Jmeter, Gatling/Scala or other similar tools which uses object oriented programs
- 3+ years of experience using one or more Application performance monitoring tools (DataDog, Dynatrace, NewRelic, Splunk etc)
- 2+yrs of hands-on experience load testing REST Api's
- Prior experience in a Continuous Integration/Delivery/Testing (CI/CD/CT) environment supporting weekly or daily deployments
- Should have very good understanding of various application tiers and middle-ware in a web-based development environment.
- Exposure to incremental agile software development methodologies. Prior experience in working closely with Developers and Architects in solving software performance issues.
- Strong troubleshooting and reasoning skills; the ability to debug and resolve difficult technical problems.
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company.
- Detailed understanding of Quality Assurance tools, practices and success measures. Known to others for knowledge and leadership in this area.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Common business practices and software product design and development.
- Building collaborative relationships. (hZNEL6)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Technical Expertise.
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC ,(collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.