UPS Operations Specialist I
UPS Operations Specialist I
Are you a problem-solver, a go-getter, a master relationship builder who likes the thrill of helping customers build their business? Do you want to join a sharp, energetic, driven group of colleagues that use a consultative team approach to accomplish their objectives? If so, then you might be a fit for the Worldwide Express team.
Worldwide Express operates within a fast-paced industry that draws motivated, quick-thinking and proactive people. The company nurtures a culture where ideas, questions, challenges, open two-way communication and risk-taking are welcomed without fear of failure.
The Worldwide Express UPS Operations Specialist I position is designed to be an integral part of the UPS Operations structure. This position focuses on providing support to UPS customers and sales staff within Worldwide Express. In addition, the UPS Operations Specialist I role works closely with with UPS and the WWE Corporate office to field requests and escalate issues as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Serve as a liaison between customers and UPS, sales, and management teams
- Answer incoming phone calls and tickets via FreshDesk from UPS Worldwide Express customers
- Assist customers with all aspects of UPS shipping and tracking
- Assist customers on WWE and UPS shipping platforms
- Make basic account change requests, including daily and on-call pickups
- Request credits and follow through to completion
- Provide follow-up to customers, support and sales staff in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date on changes with UPS policies and procedures
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Possess exceptional communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Maintain a pleasant work attitude
- Be a motivated team player with a strong desire to learn and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate eagerness to acquire knowledge and skills, continually looking for ways to expand job capabilities
- Show commitment, dedication, and accountability to work and follow through on all projects, goals, and aspects of the job
- Build a logical approach to address problems or opportunities. Present problem analyses and recommend solutions to others
- Serve as an escalation point for UPS Operations Admin (if applicable)
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain an average first response time of less than 30 minutes
- Maintain an average resolution time of 9 hours
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive starting Base Salary with salary increases based on performance
- Training and ongoing support from all levels of management
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
- Paid Vacation and all Major Holidays
- Volunteer Opportunities
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we making shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small- to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources of Worldwide Express.
Keywords: customer service, customer care, customer support, inbound calls, outbound calls, dispute, resolution, office manager, business to business, relationships, account manager,