Senior Marketing Associate
Senior Marketing Associate
Remote Working Position
World Pantry is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area based e-commerce company Partnering with leading food companies to handle their direct to consumer e-commerce businesses where we build and manage their official e-commerce webstores. We currently manage over 60 webstores including: Celestial Seasonings Tea, Tootsie Roll Industries, Torani Syrups & Sauces, Atkins, and many others.
Founded in 1998, the business has had significant growth each year. We have achieved this growth by delivering outstanding service to our customers and Partners and by creating and developing a great team of talented people.
We are looking to expand our team of smart, talented people to support our growth. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, rapidly growing company where you can make a great contribution while contributing to help build a lasting company. We are an open book management company and the ideal candidate will help contribute to our positive team culture and share our values: outstanding service; respect; embrace learning, growth and change; personal responsibility and accountability; and work hard and have fun. To this end we are conducting a national search for this position, and the successful candidate will work remotely from home or eventually out of one of our facilities in either the San Francisco Bay area, Harrisburg, PA area or Kansas City, MO area depending on their geography.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Partner Success, the Senior Marketing Associate is a hands-on position that executes the day-to-day activities to drive success with our brand Partners. The position works directly with the brands as well as with all other internal groups. Our team environment is busy and interesting and will challenge you to learn all aspects of digital & e-commerce marketing using many tools, techniques, and software platforms. You will handle all aspects of email marketing including scheduling, directing, building, template creation, promotional codes, list segmentation and list management while working closely with the brand Partners. You will gain expertise in e-commerce site management, item set-up, UX, banner creation, pop-up tools and more. Other learning opportunities include journey building, AI predictive analytics tools, paid search, using Google Analytics, billing, and building your communication skills. You will be given the opportunity to build leadership skills with Partners, internal teams and possibly gain some experience managing or coordinating the work of interns or Marketing Associates.
As the candidate of choice, you should be good with numbers and like analysis, working with many different people within the organization and with our brand clients. There is also much opportunity for you to be creative in visual and conceptual ideas for innovation and ways to grow each store’s business, as well as initiate operational improvements.
Specifically, the Senior Marketing Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Leading certain Partner meetings on specific topics such as email, Pixel placement, AdWords setup.
- Working together with the Partner Team to manage day-to-day store operations and planning.
- Email planning and management, asset gathering, template building, scheduling, sends, list management, advanced list segmentation, A/B testing and performance analysis. This may include copy direction or copy writing and use of basic HTML.
- Takes the lead on email planning with some Partners.
- Analyze data and create reports in Excel, Google Analytics, and other software platforms with the goal of recommending and implementing business-building initiatives.
- Can work with more senior managers to build Partner presentation on PowerPoint or Canva and provides data and analysis for those presentations.
- Builds complex email Journeys and evaluates performance. Recommends improvements.
- Works with AI Data analysis tool and can pull and analyze complex data. Is learning to make recommendations with that data.
- Conducts and analyzes surveys.
- Learns, uses, and can train others on new innovative SaaS platforms and software tools.
- Can oversee Marketing Interns.
- Assists with the work planning allocation for Interns and Associate Marketing Managers.
- Trains incoming Associate Marketing Managers on their responsibilities.
- Coordinates activities across departments to communicate, facilitate new product launches, changes, site redesigns.
- Maintains the store content including item set-up, UX, promotions, pricing, bug fixes, and reporting in cooperation with all other World Pantry departments.
- Creates monthly billing for each Partner.
- Work with Partners on promotional code creation and execution. Builds pop ups.
- Is building an understanding of the Partner P&Ls and how to grow the business performance.
- Building effective, collaborative internal relationships with management, peers, and cross functional teams (Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, Customer Service, etc.)
- Maintain curiosity and build knowledge of e-commerce and digital marketing trends.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Has 3-5 years of work experience including in e-commerce for a food manufacturer or Consumer Packaged Goods company, marketing or advertising agency or other DTC e-commerce company.
- Loves digital Marketing and e-commerce.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship skills and has preferably worked in a client management environment.
- Made and led persuasive PowerPoint presentations with data and analytics.
- Shows exceptional attention to detail, is very well-organized and great at follow-up.
- Successful in operations of an e-commerce store or stores.
- Experienced in running and building e-commerce email programs, email templates, as well as analyzed them and executed email improvements.
- Great Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills including Pivot Tables.
- Strong copy writing and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical skills. Enjoys the numbers and discovering the story they tell.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, or similar e-commerce platform such as Magento.
- Good interpersonal skills, likes relationship building, and client management.
- Works well in a busy environment with many competing priorities.
- Thrives on learning and personal growth.
- Works well independently and is self-motivated.
- B.A. or B.S.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Within their first twelve months, the Senior Marketing Associate will have accomplished the following:
- Demonstrated successful execution of numerous email campaigns and promotions, analyzed, and improved them. Worked side-by-side with Partners to improve email performance and sales.
- Assisted in or led the launch of new Partner stores.
- Has led Partner meetings, set agendas, and managed through challenging issues successfully. Has built Partner loyalty to them and the company.
- Can name at least two innovative ideas that they have initiated to improve systems, processes, or operations.
- Consistently met deadlines and produces error-free work through attention to detail.
- Understands all aspects of their job responsibilities and proactively performs those duties.
- Demonstrated successful, collaborative, and effective working relationships across all World Pantry departments.
Please submit résumés, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration.