Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to help shape a brand new team, sharing your knowledge and learning new technologies? As our new senior software engineer focused on the front end, you will join us in our beautiful new office in Amsterdam. And together, we will scale our successful SaaS products to the EMEA markets – read on and find out more!
Who we are and what we do:
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. That’s why we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise efficiency. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire capable, hard-working people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue.
The context of this role:
Rapidly growing throughout Europe, we are expanding our footprint and impact in EMEA. That’s why we are hiring engineers in our newly created team in Amsterdam. Your role will focus primarily on projects that pertain to our European, Middle Eastern, and African customers. Examples of potential projects: language localization and internationalization, region specific XBRL functionality, and other features with region specific markets.
As our Senior Software Engineer, you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization at our EMEA headquarters, in the city center of Amsterdam. Workiva engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order!
Examples of your tasks include:
- Working within an agile development team (product, design, quality, engineering) to understand customer needs and define and implement technical solutions
- Developing solutions that are performant, scalable, fault tolerant, and sustainable
- Collaborating with the other hard-working Engineers to master your craft
- Applying both internal and external frameworks and components
- Mentoring the other team members and seeking continual improvement from yourself
What we expect from you:
- You have 5 years of experience in software development (or more)
- You have an eagerness to learn new technologies and can learn them quickly
- Your communication skills allow you to clearly articulate and evangelize decisions, e.g. when speaking with our US team
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud technologies
- Experience using Dart and Go languages
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Docker and other container systems
What’s in it for you:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference.
We offer a creative culture and open-minded leadership – and because we care about investing in and retaining top talent like you, we provide perks like:
- Vacation time off (PTO): Total PTO is comprised of 20 days of Statutory PTO and 5 days of Supplemental PTO per year.
- Volunteer time off (VTO): All regular full-time Workiva employees received eight hours of VTO to use each calendar year. VTO can be used for time spent volunteering for community events and activities that take place during the normal work day. VTO does not carry over from year to year and will not be paid out if unused. VTO must be requested and recorded in the company's timekeeping system.
- Paid Health Insurance: Workiva covers 100% towards costs for Basic Insurance & Dental Plans, as well as 50% coverage for dependents
- Workiva Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) Grants: Workiva provides RSUs to all regular full-time employees upon employment.
- Gym Membership Benefit: Employees can enroll in a gym membership program that allows employees to pay for the cost of fitness with pre-tax and payroll deducted funds.
- Pension: Workiva offers an industry competitive Netherlands based pension plan.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.