Solutions Consultant - Finance
Delivering an exceptional customer experience requires that we first seek to understand our customers, their business challenges and goals, then clearly communicate how Workiva’s platform and technologies can help. This position serves as the technical and solution expert within the Sales team to assist in mapping a customer’s needs to our application across multiple domain areas.
Working as part our high performance sales organization, the Solutions Consultant will work alongside Regional Sales Directors to do discovery with customers, understand their business processes, identify areas where Workiva’s technologies can help and provide software demonstrations tailored to their needs across a variety of solution areas related to financial and business reporting, compliance, ERM, SOX, Audit and more.
If you have an aptitude for learning technology, and you get excited about working with customers and prospects to show them how innovative cloud technologies can transform their business, then this is the role for you!
Where You'll Work:
Workiva, Inc. (WK) offers a SaaS platform used by over 75% of the F500 and many of the world's largest companies to improve transparency and connected reporting. We are in Gartner's upper Right leader quadrant, growing double digits year over year, and have been rated for a second consecutive year as one of Fortune Magazine's 100 best companies to work for! We firmly believe that our people are our greatest assets, and that our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference.
What you’ll do:
- Become an Expert - Build technical and application expertise of Workiva’s innovative cloud-technology platform and the domain areas our customers adopt it to successfully reinvent their business processes.
- Work as a Team - Work with Regional Sales Directors as a pre-sales resource to engage customers and prospects via web or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process and identify areas where we can align Workiva solutions to address customer/prospect needs.
- Design Solutions – Using your problem solving skills, technology expertise and needs analysis, you will design an approach or business solution to meet the customer's goals and objectives.
- Solution Demos - Develop and deliver compelling presentations of Workiva’s technology platform to customers using standard or customized software demonstrations to provide proof of our technology’s impact and compelling value proposition.
- Build Business Cases – Work with sales to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva’s value and ROI.
- Ensure Customer Success – Work with Workiva Client Services and Customer Success to ensure smooth onboarding of customers and their long term success with our SAAS platform.
- Drive Innovation – Keep up on Workiva technology innovations as well as customer requirements to provide feedback loop on customer and market needs to our Product Management and Development groups.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in professional services, consulting, software sales and/or software demonstration experience required
- Big 4 Internal/External audit experience and/or SOX compliance experience in a publicly traded company required. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the oversight/management of the financial reporting process.
- Experience with risk assessments, deficiency management, and Audit Committee/Executive Management Reporting is highly desirable.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn and apply technologies to address business challenges. Knowledge of process improvement or process reengineering concepts a plus.
- Financial reporting, business reporting and analysis, and/or experience with business intelligence technologies, databases or data management platforms as well as accounting and finance business applications such as SAP, Oracle, Workday a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology required
- Strong understanding of office productivity suites including MS Office, Google Docs and others
- 30% travel to meet customers, internal trainings and attend conferences
- Fluent in English, along with Cantonese and/or Mandarin
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.