Senior Software Engineer
At Workiva, we want engineers that are product builders. If you don’t want to settle for “just doing the ticket”, and if you want to be empowered to change the product to solve customer problems, you’ll love it here. The technologies you know before-hand, or the technologies you leverage while solving problems, matter less than making software that real people enjoy using.
This Senior Software Engineer position joins a team building services and features for Workiva’s SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to support new types of audits, evidence files, or workflows that customers cannot currently do in Wdesk. We also routinely work on improving performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We’re committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we’re delighting them with our solutions.
The team routinely works full-stack. The frontend is a single-page application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, and deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS. The technology is a detail - we are confident that engineers can and will learn.
Workiva wants every team and individual to have autonomy and ownership over their team’s deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva’s teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here. Senior engineers also help develop and mentor less experienced engineers.
What You’ll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- 4+ Years experience in a software engineering role with experience as a senior engineer/mentor/project lead
- Ability to work in any part of the stack -- from very rich, highly complex H5 applications to scalable distributed systems
- A passion for building user-friendly web applications
- Experience with HTML5 web technologies and frameworks (e.g. React)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems, ask good questions, and contribute to thoughtful solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
Below are some of the technologies we use - if you know any of these we definitely want to talk with you. If you want to learn any of these we definitely want to talk with you, too!
- Our backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, Python, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform technologies
Where You'll Work
- Workiva Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Workiva-Reviews-E833668.htm
- Workiva Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/
- Workiva Newsroom: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.