Instructional Designer - Education Services
We’re looking for a creative Instructional Designer with a proven track record of designing and developing engaging learning experiences. As an Instructional Designer on our Education Services team, you will be responsible for creating engaging, just-in-time, relevant course content for Workiva's customers, partners and internal audiences.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Execute end-to-end instructional design process with a sense of urgency and drive for excellence.
- Utilize course authoring tools (Articulate Storyline/360, Captivate) to create engaging training content.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to produce online, self-paced training content for customers, partners and internal audiences.
- Manage Subject Matter Experts and stakeholder relationships to clearly understand the business, target audience, and content needs to construct learning and performance outcomes.
- Employ a rapid-development approach and strong instructional design principles to build creative and innovative training.
- Establish instructional end goals and create content to drive toward them.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout the program life cycle.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve end-to-end customer experience and identify opportunities to re purpose existing content/materials.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years instructional design experience required
- B.A./B.S. degree in instructional design, education technology or comparable degree
- Highly proficient using authoring tools such as (Articulate Storyline/360, Captivate) required
- Highly proficient in graphic, video and audio production tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Adobe illustrator, Adobe Audition, Camtasia) required
- Experience in agile instructional design methodology
- Preferred experience building online learning content for SaaS companies
- Ability to provide a portfolio and/or eLearning sample
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being assertive and effective in engaging people, and the ability to work against tight deadlines with a high quality of work
Where You'll Work:
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.