Senior Linux Systems Administrator
The technical staff at Star Lab is driven by a desire to protect mission-critical and safety-critical systems. They pride themselves on being proactive, professional and customer-focused. The work is challenging and demanding, but it is also rewarding, enjoyable, and often leads to new learning experiences.
CANDIDATES MUST BE US CITIZENS
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Star Lab is a fast-growing company aimed at protecting mission-critical and safety-critical systems. We are in need of support for tasks related to the maintenance and compliance of our information systems infrastructure.
Interface & Collaboration
- Provide support (i.e. auditing, documentation updates, firewall rules, external compliance, etc.) for maintaining compliance with various government data protection requirements (i.e. NIST 800-171 and the Cyber Security Maturity Model)
- Leverage knowledge of Linux and network administration, common information technology services, and cloud computing to maintain service availability across four+ locations in the U.S.
- Provide desktop support for a Mac / Linux environment as required
- Use independent judgment and discretion to anticipate needs of teammates in a way that facilitates improved organization, communication, and optimal functioning of the company
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Self-starter, disciplined and selfless. We are a small team and we all help each other.
- Tenacious problem solver
- Team player—good cultural fit with an ability to communicate well, interact with team members and other departments.
- Superior knowledge of networking (including implementation, troubleshooting, firewalls, VPNs, access control lists, etc.)
- Linux and/or BSD system administration including common services (i.e. dhcp, dhns, nfs, OpenVPN, Snort, Squid, etc.)
- Experience installing, configuring, updating and troubleshooting services for developers and staff such as GitLab, GitHub, Docker, Vagrant, AWS, Sharepoint, etc.
- Familiarity with network information security practices (cryptography, end-point protection, firewall configuration, VPN configuration, etc.)
- Experienced with administering and auditing an Office 365 enclave
- Experience with implementing, deploying, and maintaining SIEM toolkits for auditing and reporting (i.e. ELK, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting centralized policies / management systems for MacOS
- Excellent scripting (Bash/Python/Perl/Etc.)
- Teach teammates “how to fish” while advising on technical issues
- Skilled at problem solving with a desire to learn and take on responsibilities
- Strong technical writing skills
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Open Source Fridays
- Brownbag Learning Opportunities – Lunch provided
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.