Senior Director - Software Engineering (DevSecOps Tools)
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion, and customer-focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
What You’ll Do
Wind River Systems is seeking an efficient Director of Engineering for a newly created position developing a platform spanning from the device to the cloud for DevSecOps. This includes Platform, Tools, and Web Interfaces.
We're creating a critical system to speed the development of cloud and embedded connected intelligent systems. Just a few examples could be autonomous cars, warehouse robots, or even drones.
The successful candidate will report to the VP of Worldwide Engineering and will lead and continue to build a highly skilled and compassionate development team delivering world-class technology solutions to both internal and external customers. This will include building tools and technologies across a complete analytics-driven DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
In the past you’ve:
- Created and productized cloud tools for software development
- Led development of DevSecOps
- You likely have worked extensively using cloud solutions for development tools
- Integrate class-leading FOSS tools, as well as proprietary software products
- Taken a user experience approach to accelerating developments
- Deliver tools surrounding the Wind River products enabling customer ease of development.
- Lead the DevSecsOp teams supporting all Wind River current and future products
- Embedded Linux
- VxWorks RTOS
- Wind River Cloud Platform
- Enabling deployment and operation of real devices in the labs and the real world – planes, trains, and automobiles.
- Ensure security of all systems.
- People management in a DevSecOps setting
- Lead developments of DevSecOps tools; such as Gitlab, Jenkins, and Tekton
- Experience leading teams using cloud platforms; such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience leading teams integrating cloud data collection; such as Nifi, Kafka, Postgres and HDFS
- Experience leading teams creating webstack; such as angular, node, and more
- Experience with security – IDAM, PAM, mTLS, and more
- Experience with embedded systems or autonomous systems development a bonus
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- US Person on US soil
Being You @ Wind River
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.