Senior Strategy & Business Development Manager Telco
Job Title: Senior Strategy & Business Development, Telco Sector
Reports to: Head of EMEA Telco Sales
Job Type: Regular, full-time
The Wind River sales team is a power-house in our organization, ensuring customers engage in collaborative & strategic long-term partnerships, allowing them to unlock the full potential of Wind River solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant & Business Development with a strong technology and business background and proven track record of achieving targets, as well as creation and evolution of client trust to a potential of trusted advisor. The successful candidate will be required to engage clients and partners at the most senior levels and be able to demonstrate gravitas, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to forge long-lasting, deep relationships built on trust.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Head of EMEA Telco Sales, the role will drive development, fostering and long term business relationships, across the main players and decision makers within the telco vertical.
Ultimate success will set Wind River as the premier provider of solutions and services in our EMEA accounts (both current & future targets), and strategically influence and drive Edge Cloud and Open-Source development & roadmap for growth.
Your efforts will drive Wind River to gain better understanding of the business and technological challenges facing our target’s organizations by:
- Collaborating with EMEA Telco accounts to discover new opportunities and build relationships with C-level executives to guide technological decision-making.
- Help customers move quickly on their digital transformation journey, whilst remaining informed on emerging trends in strategy & technology.
- Understand client business models, including technology problems they have and working to solve
- Develop, build and grow strong presence in target accounts and become a trusted advisor to all customer touch points
- Support the market Account to create and drive long-terms sales and account strategy as well as implanting tactical approaches to realize that strateg
- Collaborate with EMEA and Global sales colleagues to establish and share best practices for continuous improvement
Who You Will Work With:
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you to achieve your strategic vision and goals. This will include Sales, Pre-sales technical experts, Professional services, global Product Management & Engineering functions and Marketing.
- EMEA Telco sales teams within Wind River, collaborating on best practices, sales enablement and tools to effectively execute company goals and revenue targets
- You will engage with both internal and external senior executives to review busines
What are the Requirements?
- Evident demonstrable & comprehensive understanding of the Telco & Networking sector, ideally in the Cloud, Cyber security and Open-Source software business
- A minimum of 10 years of experience of software sales, development and/or product management
- Major account planning experience, involving the negotiation of large deals
- Significant experience as an individual contributor, consistently exceeding assigned quota
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to operate in a global, matrix environment.
- Deployment of solution-selling sales approach to technical and executive-level decision makers, using creative business thinking and thought leadership
- Proven experience dealing with complex business and software development processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Desirable Personal Characteristics
Drive, Passion, Curiosity – Growth Mindset
- High Integrity
- Team Player with a desire to achieve true collaboration
- Strong influencing & leadership presence
- Focused & Committed to world-class delivery, with the ability to show pragmatism
- Logical, structed approach – demonstrated in planning, organizing & effective co-ordination of multiple priorities/people/cycles/projects
- Effective communication, appropriate to the audience, topic & objective
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is the second time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in safe, secure & reliable Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? We have a spot for you.
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Want to work on the systems that will be in the next jet (commercial or defense), autonomous car, AI robotics, or space craft? Want the opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally? Then join Wind River today!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.