Lead Test Automation and Framework Architect
Why Choose Wind River?
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
What You’ll Do
You are an open-minded person who believes in automation. You are curious about new technologies and always seek opportunities for improvements.
You will help to lead the development and implementation of a new test automation framework, working with a team of product and infrastructure architects, as well as vendors and open-source offerings.
You will be an advocate for test automation and quality and will enable development and QA teams to apply best test automation practices. You will support test automation initiatives that make a difference in the quality of Wind River products by enabling test automation at all levels from unit test to system test.
- Technical leadership for the verification and validation teams
- Assist in creating and implementing a test automation roadmap for Verification and Validation.
- Responsible for overseeing the regression, integration, performance and system testing within the transversal verification and validation teams
- Work to reduce complexity and improve maintainability of our testing and automation framework
- Support and encourage solid engineering processes (e.g., Agile, Lean, TDD, Kanban, scrum, etc.)
- Contributing to budget requirements and future needs
- Process development and implementation for the direct team/s and department.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle using agile methodologies.
- Interfacing to various other parts of the company such as Services, Support, Engineering Operations, and Product Management
- Mentor others and provide cross-team input
- Influence others and represent technical insight to customers and other engineers
- Support and enablement of unit and feature testing within the product development teams
- Assist in improving CI/CD pipelines.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience in software development and/or test automation.
- 5+ years in test and automation framework development, selection, implementation, and maintenance.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Solid Experience with Linux systems with relevant software development or test automation experience.
- Experience with driving test automation initiatives.
- Experience with creating or maintaining CI pipeline.
- Experience with large scale project.
- Experience in DevOps methodologies and cloud and opensource technologies such as AWS, LogStash, Kubernetes, Istio, Harbor, and Minio
- Familiarity with test automation methodologies at all levels (unit test, component test, integration test, system test, etc).
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Exposure to other languages (Ansible, SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.