Technical Content Developer – Education Services
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As part of the education services team, you will leverage and grow your technical skills to design and develop training materials for Wind River customers. Our training courses have a highly technical audience, and you will empower that audience to use Wind River products to build secure and safe systems the world relies on. Your training content will be used both for in-person, instructor-led training and as self-paced e-Learning materials. You will become skilled with several Wind River products and understand how our customers use them for applications in automotive, aerospace, power systems, transportation, healthcare, telecommunications, and other industries.
Interface & Collaboration
This resource will report to the Senior Manager of Education Services. The training development team is a motivated and collaborative group that leverages each other's strengths and knowledge to produce high-quality, effective training content. You'll also liaise with subject matter experts and product management throughout the company to understand key product features and use cases, and to provide your product insights and feedback.
- Design customer training syllabuses for Wind River software products, with a focus on VxWorks.
- Create customer training lecture material in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the company.
- Develop customer training lab programming exercises.
- Actively engage with customers, product management, sales teams, product engineers, and the product itself to identify training workflows that support customer success.
- Participate in review meetings and collaborate with technical writers and engineers to create and update content and define best practices in content development.
- Help certify instructors to teach customer education courses.
- Design and develop training content for e-Learning.
Are you a tech-savvy educator or instructor? A computer science graduate? You have a demonstrable ability to understand and write software. You are effective at written communication. You embrace a team environment. You have an understanding of what software developers want to know to use a product or feature and can translate that into training content. You love providing and receiving feedback to improve your skills and the content that you are producing. You are invested in customer satisfaction.
To be successful, you will need:
- University degree (preferably computer science, computer engineering, or education)
- 1-2 years programming experience (preferably in C)
- Writing experience (reports, instructions, or other technical materials)
- Ability to learn, organize, and clearly explain complex concepts
- Ability to work with colleagues across geographic locations and time zones and accommodate meetings with them
It would be great if you had some of the following experiences:
- Creating educational material for a technical audience
- Having been a professional lecturer
- Solving customer technical problems in a role such as field engineering, pre-sales, or 3rd-tier support
- Creating online video content
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in our Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies twice a week
- Bagels every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf courses
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.