Embedded Security Developer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
US Citizenship is Required
Engineers at Star Lab/Wind River are driven by a desire to protect mission-critical and safety-critical systems. They pride themselves on being innovative and customer-focused. The work is challenging and highly technical, but it is also rewarding, enjoyable, and often leads to new learning experiences.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for individuals who desire to explore and solve difficult security problems. You will receive a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. Individuals selected for employment can work at any of Star Lab's locations. (Denver, San Antonio, & DC)
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to the Star Lab COO. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Developers, and Star Lab senior leaders.
- Contribute to development, testing, and deployment of a Linux kernel and hypervisor tool suite that protects mission-critical and safety-critical systems from cyber and reverse engineering threats
- Leverage knowledge embedded security, operating systems, virtualization technology, anti-tamper, or other areas of expertise to apply technologies and solve new problems
- Collaborate with the Front-end and customer integration teams, including coordination with their continuous integration/continuous deployment processes
- Ensure efficient and streamlined version control and workflow, supporting the team in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- C/C++/Python/Rust development experience
- Some knowledge/experience with ARM
- Some knowledge/experience with x86 assembly and Yocto
- Instantiating software testing methodologies with hardware architectures that include embedded processing boards, rack servers, and chassis subsystems
- Experience working with Xen-based virtualization as well as using and testing on Linux systems
- Understanding of information security practices (cryptography, privilege separation, etc.)
- Experience with Git and familiarity with Github Flow
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (with GitLab CI experience a plus)
- Strong technical writing skills
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Self-starter, disciplined, and selfless. We are a small team and we all help each other.
- Tenacious problem solver
- Team player—good personality fit. This is a support role, needs to be a team player and ability to communicate well, interact with team and other departments
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Open Source Fridays
- Brown bag Learning Opportunities – Lunch provided
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.