Product Marketing Manager - Contract
Position Title: Contract Product Marketing Manager
Location: Alameda, CA
What you’ll do:
Wind River is looking for a product marketing professional to promote and drive demand for its broad portfolio of embedded and edge compute software products and solutions. The ideal candidate is a team player, results-oriented, and willing to tackle any product or project assignment. Based at the Wind River headquarters in Alameda, California, this position will be a key member of the strategic product, vertical, and partner marketing team.
This position will be primarily focused on software runtimes, tools and associated services with the potential to work on vertical marketing activities, specifically in Automotive. You will need to demonstrate an understanding of product capabilities and value proposition targeted toward different personas including evaluators, buyers, and users.
You will be the marketing owner for your product line and will be required to build the necessary messaging to articulate the value it brings to customers. You will also have a leading role creating customer facing product collateral, and demand generation programs.
Who You Will Work With:
- This position will report to the Sr. Director of Product and Vertical Marketing
- Develop strategic marketing plans for specific products, services, and vertical solutions
- Create unique value propositions targeting different personas
- Develop high-quality content to be used with both internal and external audiences
- Create and communicate clear and differentiated positioning and messaging that resonates with the target audiences
- Execute on marketing plans to achieve maximum awareness and demand results
- Work cross-functionally to define and execute on offering plans and strategies matched to capabilities, opportunities and future investment plans
- Support the creation of white papers, articles, and sales tools
- Support sales activities by working closely with Wind River’s direct and indirect sales channels, field engineering, and customer support
- Conduct market-specific research to uncover market positioning opportunities
- Support ongoing outbound communications, PR, blogs, or other social media networks
- 5+ years of marketing experience in a fast paced environment.
- 3+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in software and services
- Embedded technology and market experience highly desirable
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate quickly in a medium sized company
- Positive attitude
- Creative problem solving.
- Ability to adapt within a constantly evolving business environments
- Fun, team player
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.