CLOUD Native for Tech Support
CLOUD Tech Support
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the level of the solution.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your expertise and knowledge of networking, telecom, and cloud services technologies to provide technical support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing the Wind River Cloud Platform. In a dynamic, customer-facing environment, you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary functions will include Technical Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and recovering systems during full or partial outages on a live carrier network. The role will be the primary interface for our customers and be the driver of customer-facing SLA’s. A commitment to quality and a belief in building true partnerships with carrier-grade customers will be crucial for success in this role.
Interface & Collaboration
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support work globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants, and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Global Technical Support for the Wind River Cloud Platform ( will involve rotating shifts and or pager duty)
- Primary owners of service SLA’s
- Software Upgrades and Patching
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers
- Customer advocate
- Continuous learning
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, can off-set with relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a customer-facing, direct support role
- Expertise or working experience in virtualization and cloud computing
- Expertise or working experience in container/Kubernetes technologies
- Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers) a plus
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing etc.
- Fundamental wireless/cellular/telecom knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Private life, health and travel insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance program #LI-AD1
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.