Location – US, Remote Home Office or Alameda, CA
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a transactional attorney to join our Legal Team. As Commercial Counsel, you will be part of a team of legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front.
Interface & Collaboration
- Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, the Commercial Counsel regularly interfaces with both internal business clients and our customers.
- The Commercial Counsel will represent the legal team in cross-functional company projects identifying risks and providing options to help guide decision-makers.
- The Commercial Counsel will also work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members serving as the main point-of-contact between the parties in contractual matters.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial transactions, NDAs, RFPs and SOWs for software licenses and SaaS services
- Help build and maintain scalable and effective processes, including drafting playbooks, implementing CLM tools and providing cross-functional training of software applications
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal and compliance processes
- Assist senior team members with legal department projects as assigned and anything else that may require legal support in a dynamic, innovative company
- Maintain and update contractual records, changes, status reports and other information
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experienced in high volume commercial transactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgement, strategic thinking and ability to work independently
- Clear and concise problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under pressure
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and manage projects from start to finish
- Bring a high-level of intellectual curiosity and professionalism
- Team player with a sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and flexibility
- A J.D. or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school, with excellent academic credentials and an active license to practice law in the US
- 2+ years of legal experience with a big law firm and/or in-house global enterprise company
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and codes
- Must meet all local and state certification/licensure requirements
- Proficient computer skills, CLM software, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.