Senior Member of Technical Staff - Product Support
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your expertise and knowledge of networking, telecom, and cloud services technologies to provide technical and product support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing the Wind River Cloud Platform. In a dynamic, customer-facing environment, you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary functions will include Technical/Product Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and recovering systems during full or partial outages on a live carrier network. Role will evolve to include activities such as solution validation, software validation, account support, Methods and Procedures development, knowledge transfers, internal training, etc. It is critical that the individual in this role be constantly developing and deepening his/her expertise in the Wind River Cloud Platform and industry technologies to become true product experts for both internal and external customers.
Interface & Collaboration
This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing first-hand what drives the business success today and tomorrow.
- Direct Technical Support in support of customer requirements/SLA’s.
- Software Upgrades and Patching.
- Assist with Deployment & Product Integration activities.
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers.
- Product expertise, interface into Tier 3 organization (Eng.)
- Develop and maintain lab environment.
- Mentor and train others in the organization.
- Become technical escalation point for Tier 1 organization supporting customer SLA’s.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated success consulting with customers resolving complex problems.
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization.
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing etc.
- Fundamental wireless/cellular telecom knowledge.
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, plus 5 years of experience minimum
- Expertise in virtualization and cloud computing.
- Experience working with container/Kubernetes technologies.
- Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers).
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes high pressure, customer facing environment.
- Ability to travel to both customer and internal Wind River sites.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Native level of Japanese.
- Good command of written and spoken English (TOEIC 800+ preferred).
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.