Position Title: Solution Engineer
Location: Kista, Sweden
Are you keen to have a large scale impact in the work that you do? Are you eager to learn and develop your career in software and systems engineering? Do you want to work with experienced solutions architects who are delivering leading-edge technical solutions?
If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider Wind River to bring your existing knowledge to a new level and impact.
What you’ll do
Wind River is a leader in delivering software for the intelligent edge. We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join us in Kista Sweden to help us make open source technology both practical and workable for our Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEMs) and Communication Service Providers customers (CSPs). In this role, you will work as part of the EMEA telecom Solutions Engineering team, primarily focusing on EMEA based customers. You will be part of Wind River’s Telecom sales team, and together with them, you'll build long-lasting relationships and become a trusted advisor with our customers with the goal of expanding our business in these accounts.
This role requires managing the technical requirements of major networking and telecom operators. You will leverage the OpenStack Foundation’s StarlingX project to deliver geographically distributed, high-performance, production-grade Kubernetes-based solutions for managing edge cloud infrastructure. Optimized for the network edge, the solutions you will support address service provider’s complex challenges of deploying and managing a physically distributed, cloud-native 5G infrastructure.
You must have understanding and knowledge in software engineering with a strong focus on networking. You'll need to apply your technical expertise, passion for open source to understand the customer’s problems and whiteboarding solutions using our product offerings and services. Having previous experience and understanding of commercial software project development cycles and project management will greatly assist but will also be learned as part of this position. Some amount of travel will be required.
A qualified candidate is expected to be hands-on in the development of customer’s proof of concepts (PoCs), extending product features, and testing code. Experience in open-source projects such as OpenStack, StarlingX, Akraino, and ONAP is a benefit. However, the ability and desire to contributed to these projects while representing the company is a must.
Who You Will Work With:
- Telco Cloud Solutions Architects, and Specialized Telco Account managers and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our Telco Operators/CSPs by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services, and solutions.
- Support the lead Solutions Architect and over time, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River solutions expert.
- Listen and understand the customer use cases and help develop part of the Proof of Concepts, Demos, and Presentations.
- Participate in customer requirements analysis, over time learn how to create technical solutions, and identifying potential business opportunities that address customer requirements.
- Understanding and contributing to relevant Open source standards and community projects is a must. Participation in open-source projects will be business needs.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about technology, fast learner, comfortable in a constantly changing environment, energetic, and with knowledge in software development processes and knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing, etc.
- Knowledge in network system-level solution design.
- Experience with using one or more of the following: virtualization, containers, Kubernetes, orchestration, OpenStack, and cloud-native technologies.
- Linux background covering deployment, image build, application, and kernel development.
- Adept at various programming languages: C++/C, scripting languages like Python, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge/understanding of wireless/cellular telecom, and 5G edge deployments is an advantage.
- Exposure to SDN concepts, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and ETSI-MANO is an advantage.
- Confidence and comfortable been and presenting technical concepts to customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where you will help shape the future of 5G.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.