Key Account Manager - Telecoms & Networking
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This role will have responsibility for developing, fostering and maintaining long term strategic business relationships in key target accounts. The ultimate goal is for Wind River to be the premier provider of Distributed Edge Cloud solutions and services within the Japan Telco market.
- Develop, build and grow strong presence within target accounts and become a trusted advisor to all customer touch points
- Establish long-terms sales and account management strategy as well as implanting tactical approaches to realize that strategy
- Inspire the field teams (Engineering, Pre- Sales, Customer Success) to execute passionately against that vision.
- Leverage Corporate Executives, Strategic Marketing, Vertical Marketing, Professional Services and other WR resources to execute on your initiatives to drive Wind River solutions into your customer base.
- Position Wind River in all direct sales engagement, negotiations and RFPs.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and/or pricing to bring best of value to customer and Wind River, and close sales
- Understand client business models, including technology problems they have and working to solve
- Create and drive strategic revenue growth plans through a solution selling sales plans
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Collaborate with Japan and Global sales colleagues to establish and share best practices for continuous improvement
- Manage partners and work together to expand new business by addressing Wind River value
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Drive, Passion, Curiosity, Proactiveness
- Honest with High Integrity
- Team Player
- Strong Leadership
- Focused and Committed
- Planning & Organizing
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of the Telco & Networking sector, gained through a minimum of 5 years of experience within sales and account management (ideally in the Cloud and Open-Source software business)
- Major account planning experience, involving the negotiation of large deals
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects while maintaining sharp attention to details
- Deployment of solution-selling sales approach to technical and executive-level decision makers, using creative business thinking and thought leadership
- Proven experience dealing with complex business and software development processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English(TOEIC 700+)
- Native level of Japanese
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.