Strategic Account Manager - Telecoms & Networking
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Wind River sales team is a powerhouse in our organization, ensuring customers engage in collaborative and strategic, long-term partnerships, allowing them to unlock the full potential of Wind River solutions.
We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager with a successful entrepreneurial background and proven track record of achieving targets and building client trust. The successful candidate will be required to engage clients at the most senior levels and must therefore have an executive presence, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to forge long lasting customer relationships. This role will have responsibility for developing, fostering and maintaining long term strategic business relationships in key target accounts. The ultimate goal is for Wind River to be the premier provider of Distributed Edge Cloud solutions and services within the Japan Telco market.
Interface & Collaboration
- Work as a member of a team that consists of: Sales VP, other Account Managers, Field Applications Engineer, Product Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives and Solution Architects.
- Work with Field Engineers, vertical market representatives and various WR resources to demonstrate how Wind River solutions will address the needs of the customer.
- Engage with the senior level decision makers and become a trusted advisor to named accounts by establishing and developing business relationships based on a commitment to quality of Wind River solutions.
- Meet with and listen to the needs of prospective customers to understand their current and future technical requirement.
- Develop, build and grow strong presence within target accounts and become a trusted advisor to all customer touch points.
- Establish long-terms sales and account management strategy as well as implanting tactical approaches to realize that strategy.
- Inspire the field teams (Engineering, Pre- Sales, Customer Success) to execute passionately against that vision.
- Leverage Corporate Executives, Strategic Marketing, Vertical Marketing, Professional Services and other WR resources to execute on your initiatives to drive Wind River solutions into your customer base.
- Position Wind River in all direct sales engagement, negotiations and RFPs.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and/or pricing to bring best of value to customer and Wind River, and close sales.
- Understand client business models, including technology problems they have and working to solve.
- Create and drive strategic revenue growth plans through a solution selling sales plans.
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Collaborate with Japan and Global sales colleagues to establish and share best practices for continuous improvement.
- Manage partners and work together to expand new business by addressing Wind River value.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions-oriented sales approach
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- Demonstrated success establishing and cultivating business relationships with ‘C’ level executives, preferably in the Telco market
- At least basic communication capability in English for work
- Native level of Japanese
- BSEE or BSCE preferred but not required, MBA.
- Approximately 10 years technology sales experience in the software arena, preferably selling into the Telco & Networking sector marketplace.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.