Customer Success Manager
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
About the opportunity
Wind River has an opportunity for a Customer Success Manager with experience in proactive complex customer management. The role includes forming relationships across strategic customers, onboarding customers to support and future needs planning, driving progress and follow up until completion. The candidate should possess software expertise with exposure to communication service providers and their suppliers. The ideal candidate has business background coupled with technical expertise along with proven influence management skills. This person must be able to influence both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, this person will lead quarterly business reviews with focus across previous performance, continuous improvement and strategic alignment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Act as a liaison between Wind River and the customer. Work strategically with CSP to ensure support aspects are routed/escalated and transitioned per contractual agreements. Work closely with Technical Support, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Professional Services to ensure the customer’s needs are progressed within the contract terms.
- Act as liaison between customer and all other departments within Wind River.
- Provide status updates across all activities within the customer.
- Single focal point for customer escalation management, mitigation and resolution
- Executive level presentation skills necessary to enage within the customer and withing Wind River
- Work with Sales, Services and Support to ensure successful early engagement, follow on to paid for work with customer acceptance is achieved
- Organize and drive the Wind River team for all aspects tied to quarterly business reviews with the customer.
- Establish and align governance for reporting, reviewing and escalating customer issues --- parallel activities for planning, proj mgt, building and running the network within the customer (note these could involved different portions of the customer organization)
- Establish 1:1 relationships at least one level above working level across customer organization
- Establish linkage into planning and all other customer aspects including proj mgt
- Work within WR team to establish procedures/tools that can be communicated to the customer and accessed for dashboards, real time reporting and constant communication
- Successfully handle needs for a successful FOA and initial field launches
- Agree with customer to quarterly business review attendees, format, scheduling
- Monitor transition plan for SE to prof services handover
- Direct weekly activities and review/provide inputs for setting direction for all Wind River involvement tied to this customer
BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related major.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 3 years of customer support experience with at least 7 years in the software industry including experience in customer engagement/support and software platform delivery and integration
- 8 years of experience in telecoms, CSPs and/or TEMs
- At least 3 years of customer management experience with a proven track record supporting large fortune 500 companies.
- Business experience including contract exposure, business process optimization
- At least 2 years of project management experience.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to engage working level and executive levels of the customer
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and other departments within Wind River.
- Self-motivated, independent and comfortable working directly with technical customers.
Preference will be given to those candidates with the above noted requirements and:
- Experience with platform virtualization software
- Familiarity with the Open Source Community
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.