Senior Global Events Lead
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to driving pipeline, brand awareness and customer experience. Your contribution in this role will impact the success of how Wind River presents itself at numerous global event with the objectives of creating leads for our sales team as well as optimizing the company’s brand and customer experience in terms of the engagement models during live, in-person events.
Interface & Collaboration
- Report directly to the Senior Director, Global Field Marketing
- Build relationships with sales teams to understand their needs and work with them to make sure Wind River is presented at tradeshows as smart, efficient and interested in customer needs
- Work closely with cross functional teams including creative services for all event deliverables: teams involved with signage, demo and collateral development, IT/demo owners to track demo equipment needs and inventory to prepare the booth and event layouts, service requirements and shipping logistics.
- Manage third party vendors such as exhibit vendors, agencies, production companies, A/V and equipment providers, etc.
- Participate in and be responsible for activities that will help Wind River meet its growth objectives
- Responsible for identifying, planning and executing a variety of event-based programs including tradeshows, customer/partner events, product launches, educational sessions, media/analyst briefings
- Define event goals, strategies, ROI measurement criteria, drive planning meetings with stakeholders and virtual teams from start to finish.
- Establish and monitor event budget, negotiate fees and pricing. Coordinate logistics including shipping to and from events, onsite set up and tear down, hotel rooming lists, meeting schedules, staffing schedules and training meetings, pre and post-show satisfaction surveys and reports.
- Measure KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and track return on investment (ROI) to ensure the success of events that tie to campaigns and marketing strategies
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Creative and dedicated individual with excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to plan, manage and execute multiple events simultaneously
- Detail oriented and extremely organized with an ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure while driving teams
- Able to work independently and follow process with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success in managing large tradeshow exhibits
- Product launch and user group planning experience involving elaborate A/V and stage sets
- Marketing-minded, not just project-minded with working knowledge of marketing and communications fundamentals
- Can-do attitude, growth mindset
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5+years of corporate event marketing and tradeshows experience, preferably in high technology industry
- Familiarity with CRM (Salesforce or similar) and marketing automation tools (Marketo or similar) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness; ability to create and manage end to end Marketo programs is a big plus
- Must be available to travel for week-long periods, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift heavy boxes (30+ lbs)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet friendly environment
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Onsite Gym
- Flexible working schedule
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is the seventh time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in Embedded Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? Your personal contribution and leadership abilities will play a huge role in our success!
Wind River is an equal opportunity employer
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.