Product Manager - Edge Devices
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will work in the Edge Devices Product Management team defining requirements for VxWorks, the worldwide leading RTOS. Specifically, you will focus on network connectivity (protocols, TSN, OPC-UA, PTP, etc.) as well as 3rd party libraries. You will define what needs to be done to improve our existing technology and plan what we should be doing to make VxWorks more relevant to our customers across all vertical markets.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with other product managers, engineers, FAEs, sales leaders, corporate marketing staff, and customers.
- This position will report to the Director, Product Management, Edge Devices
- Write, prioritize, and justify product requirements
- Manage backlog (Kanban reviews)
- Support sales to help drive business
- Review deals
- Market research
- Define and own roadmap
- Develop product collaterals (presentation and others) for internal and external customers
- Provide information to corporate marketing
- Collect competitive information
- BA/BS (computer science, engineering, marketing or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of product management experience within the software industry
- Understanding of software development in an Agile environment
- Must be technical enough to discuss with engineers
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Node.js, Rust) is an asset
- Some knowledge/understanding of the embedded market is strongly desired
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative and culturally diverse environments
- Self-driven, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where you will help shape the most widely used commercial RTOS on Earth and on Mars.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.