Position Title: Data Developer
Location: Costa Rica
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a SQL/Looker BI developer who will provide business stakeholders with views and dashboards. Wind River has a data warehouse that we need to generate data and metrics for the entire organization. In this role, you will assist in the modeling of the data and the generation of business-driven metrics, that will be illustrated through robust dashboards. Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with the Data team to model and visualize data, based on requirements
- The candidate will need to work closely with the DBA in the IT department for changes and updates to the Data Warehouse and/or databases
- This position will report to the Sr. Director of Business Operations
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and build dashboards
- Develop SQL and/or LookML code to generate views for visualization.
- Apply best practices with regards to SQL/LookML models, dashboards, visualizations
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience. An emphasis on Database is a plus
- 2+ years Development and Visualization experience on a Business Intelligence Software - Looker Data Systems is preferred
- Strong Oracle SQL skills – 4+ years is preferable.
- Data Warehouse experience is required. Snowflake experience is a plus
- Experience with at least one of the following Enterprise System: SalesForce, Oracle, Oracle BI, BigQuery
- Python development experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate well across cross-functional teams
- Passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.