Strategic Account Manager - Aerospace & Defense(A&D)
Key Account Manager – Aerospace & Defense
ABOUT WIND RIVER
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is seeking a driven, self-motivated individual with a proven history of sales success, to proactively create demand for Wind River solutions. This individual will be enabling continued customer success in an already established customer base of Key Accounts in the Aerospace & Defense marketplace.
Interface & Collaboration
- Work as a member of a team that consists of: Sales Director, other Account Managers, Field Applications Engineer, Product Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives, and Solution Architects
- Work with Field Engineers, vertical market representatives, and various WR resources to demonstrate how Wind River solutions will address the needs of the customer
- Engage with the senior-level decision-makers and become a trusted advisor to named accounts by establishing and developing business relationships based on a commitment to the quality of Wind River solutions
- Meet with and listen to the needs of prospective customers to understand their current and future technical requirement
- Build, manage and execute on the sales strategy for key A&D accounts.
- Coordinate demonstrations, seminars, etc. to present the value proposition of using Wind River solutions to the customer
- Prepare written proposals articulating our solutions. Close business on a quarterly basis that reflects at least 100% of the assigned quarterly goal
- Direct the effort of the Customer Support Organization to work with the customer after the sale to make sure that they are using our products to the maximum benefit
- Provide accurate and factual information regarding customer product feedback to Wind River Marketing and Engineering
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of our competitor products
- Convey an image of Wind River as a customer-centric total solutions company
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Approximately 10 years of technology sales experience in the software arena, preferably selling into the Aerospace & Defense marketplace
- 5+ yrs selling software solutions to the Aerospace & Defense(A&D) Industry
- Track record of overachieved multi-million dollar quotas
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions-oriented sales approach
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- Demonstrated success establishing and cultivating business relationships with ‘C’ level executives, preferably in the A&D market
- Must be US Citizen
- BSEE or BSCE preferred but not required, MBA
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.