What you’ll do:
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join the Wind River Education Services team – part of Wind River’s Customer Success organization. You will join a team of dynamic, dedicated, and experienced content developers responsible for the constant evolution of the education offerings provided by Wind River to our customers. You will be participating in the development of the Wind River education portfolio and its offerings and apply new innovations in instructional design in doing so.
Who You Will Work With:
The Instructional Designer will work in the very collaborative Education Services team together with engineers, writers, and media producers. You’ll also interface with other organizations including product engineering, product management, and support. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Education Services.
- Develop and edit learning material and content, especially online content.
- Assess learning needs
- Analyze existing instructional material
- Develop and design training material and assessment tools
- Oversee implementation of learning programs
- Support internal stakeholders in using the online learning system
- Maintain currency in the field of learning
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to your instructional design
- Remain a thought leader in instructional design and innovation.
Qualifications / Skills:
- BS or MA degree in educational technology/instructional design or related field
- 3+ years experience with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline, and Captivate)
- Proficiency with learning management systems
- Familiar with website design and video production
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation methods
- Project management and leadership skills preferred
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, video, micro-learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Experience in the software training industry is strongly preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.