Member of Technical Staff – Simics Engineering
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Member of Technical Staff - Sys position is an integral part of our global engineering team at Wind River. This key role will require to have a deep and broad technical competence to be able to design and develop well-tested Simics or QEMU models. This position is an opportunity for anyone who wants to expand their experiences into simulation and embedded systems.
A simulator supports the definition, development, and deployment of digital systems. It is fast, accurate, scalable, and extensible. Simics and QEMU are used for the simulation and modeling of processor architectures, Systems on Chips, devices, boards etc.
- Developing Simics or QEMU device models.
- Integrating device models into virtual systems.
- Bring-up virtual systems.
- Scripting Simics or QEMU to test specified scenarios.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
- Resolving problems reported by both internal and external customers.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills essential for this role:
- BS in computer science, computer engineering or related subject area (or equivalent experience). MS preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of embedded software development experience
- Experience with low level embedded SW (e.g. BSPs and device driver) development, debugging/trouble shooting
- Strong C and Python programming skills. Be able to produce high quality code fast.
- A good grasp of computer architecture and familiarity with the major embedded HW architectures(ARM/PPC/x86)
- Familiar with GIT and SVN.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Honest and reliable.
- Solid decision-making skills and judgment.
- Needs to be a quick learner, exhibit a high level of self-motivation and require minimal supervision.
- Should be a hands-on type of person with the initiative to dive in and do whatever is necessary to get the task completed.
Desirable for this role (nice to have):
- Experience with simulation technologies is a bonus. Simics or QEMU is preferred, but other technologies such as SystemC is also a plus.
- Experience with VxWorks, Linux, U-Boot, UEFI, BIOS is a plus.
- Familiar with Agile methodology and processes a plus.
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Medical insurance: Group Medical Insurance coverage.
- Additional shared cost medical benefit in the form of reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation and Time off: Employees are eligible for various types of paid time off.
- Additional Time off’s – Birthday, Volunteer Time off, Wedding.
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
- Carrot (Family -forming support)
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.