VxWorks OS Developer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills in the development of Wind River’s safe and secure products. You will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and developing innovative software for our flagship Real-Time Operating System VxWorks and Hypervisor Core technologies. You must be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on our technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will be working and collaborating with dedicated and highly experienced engineers at all levels and across our multiple domains, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering. Wind River Engineering works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania, and beyond.
- The candidate will get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- The position will work with a variety of target platforms (ARM, Intel, PowerPC), working closely with a talented collection of kernel and architecture experts.
- Create new code and troubleshoot existing code
- Work on reproducing, investigating, and resolving defects
- Provide work estimates and analyze solutions and architectures
- Collaborate with other development team: test team, architects and product managers
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent debugging skills
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent analytical skills and good attention to details
- Graduate with your Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming skills with a variety of languages including C, Assembly, and Python
- Solid understanding of Operating System engineering concepts
- Knowledge of VxWorks or embedded operating systems
- Familiar with virtualization and containerization
- Knowledge of ARM and x86 architectures
- Experience with Embedded Tools
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.