Service Desk - Technician III
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
What you'll do:
The IT Help Desk Technician will serve as the first point of contact and first-second level troubleshooter supporting internal Wind River employees globally via the telephone, email, remote access tools and through our ticketing system (RemedyForce) to provide necessary support on IT related issues.
You will work with:
Work closely with the Desktop team and directly with Wind River employees
- Serve as a point of escalation and provide on-the-job training for other Help Desk members.
- Serve as liaison between staff and other departments to resolve issues.
- Maintain the highest level of teamwork and communication.
- Work closely with the Desktop team to perform installations, configurations, upgrade tasks and repairs, including but not limited to Windows, Linux environments.
- Author knowledgebase article submissions through ticketing system (RemedyForce) and other sources of information.
- Provide support services to Wind River employees with technical problems and information technology issues including, but not limited to Microsoft products, Adobe products, VPN, mobile devices, etc, involving desktop, laptop, communication devices or network services from local personnel or from employees using remote access.
- Troubleshoot and resolve minor hardware, software and networking issues.
- Respond to Help Desk calls and problem tickets (Incidents), following in-house procedures and escalation processes utilizing our ticketing system (RemedyForce).
- Responsible for timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate support teams.
- Maintains password security, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Creating, maintaining and deleting user accounts (Windows, UNIX, VPN, Voicemail, etc.)
- Assist in identifying resolution gaps at the help desk, with any standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
- Support and troubleshooting of printers.
- Assist in coordinating and performing telecom moves, add and changes, or termination of service, acting as liaison between the telephone operating companies and Wind River Employees in matters dealing with their telecom needs, and providing some degree of technical expertise.
- Setup and manage the phone numbers and voice mailboxes for various sites.
- Supports and maintains effective relationships with users.
- Respond to voicemails left on the Help Desk line.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3-6 years of related experience
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to complete tasks in creative and effective ways
- Demonstrated success achieving goals within broadly defined objectives formulated in tandem with supervisor.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Must learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment and be eager to accept new responsibilities.
- Capable of supporting a large number of employees with Help Desk support that may include troubleshooting, repair and/or configurations on work stations and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux environments, desktop applications, PC & printer hardware.
- Action oriented and strong customer focus.
- Must have Functional/Technical Skills and great at problem solving.
- Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions is helpful.
- Able to produce quality in work output.
- Timely Decision making.
- Experience with administration of Active Directory.
- A+ or Microsoft certification required.
- Attention to detail.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.