Product Manager - Automotive Middleware
Location: USA or Canada
US or Canadian Citizens Only
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability.
Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy. The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer-focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software defined world.
As a member of Intelligent Edge Product Management team, you will aggregate input from customers, sales, market research, fellow product managers, partners, etc., and define what will transform the automotive industry from a middleware and hardware enablement point of view.
You will take over some existing projects and roadmap elements and collaborate with other product managers in the team who own other parts of the solution.
You will write requirements, justify investments, prioritize the backlog, own your roadmap, do market research, look at the competition, collaborate with the sales teams on key deals, review defects, engage with extended teams, and evangelize our stacks both internally and externally.
You will work in close partnership with experienced Engineering and Product Management teams.
Before all else, you are a Product Manager who is passionate about software and have an affinity for Operating Systems, middleware, and associated tools and technologies.
- 5+ years of Product Management in middleware and/or operating systems (open source or proprietary)
- Recent automotive industry experience
- Demonstrated application of business rationalization against a technical product
- Demonstrated experience writing requirements for engineering
- Good understanding of basic security concepts
- Strong analytical abilities, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration mindset
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, MBA a plus or Bachelor’s degree with suitable experience
- Flexible home office! We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule or 100% remote
- Named Top Workplace for the 8th year in a row
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- 100% Employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Flexible Time Off policy** + 12 observed Holidays
- 401K with company match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
*varies by region and country
** varies by region and country
The annual base salary range for this role’s listed grade level is currently $115,500-$155,960 plus bonus for Colorado residents, $115,500-$155,960 plus bonus for New York and New Jersey residents, and $129,000-$174,080 plus bonus for California and Washington residents. Salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, location and abilities of the applicant, and equity with other team members. Employees in this role are also eligible for the following benefits in accordance with the terms of the Company's plans: health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flex time off, eligibility to enroll in 401k, 12 paid holidays.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.