Embedded Software Developer - Professional Services
Engineers at Star Lab are driven by a desire to protect mission-critical and safety-critical systems. They pride themselves on being innovative and customer-focused. The work is challenging and highly technical, but it is also rewarding, enjoyable, and often leads to new learning experiences. This position is within Star Lab’s Professional Services team. This team provides high-touch integration support to customers and assists in the development of security architectures.
This person may be based in Broomfield, CO; Huntsville, AL; Washington, DC; San Antonio, TX or Remote Home Office.
About the Position ...
- Contribute to porting, testing, and deployment of a Linux kernel and hypervisor tool suite that protects mission-critical and safety-critical systems from cyber and reverse engineering threats
- Leverage knowledge of embedded security, operating systems, virtualization technology, anti-tamper, or other areas of expertise to evaluate customer requirements, devise solutions / approaches, and meet challenging delivery deadlines.
- Enthusiastically collaborate and teach customers about Star Lab products, support product evaluations, train users, participate in design engagements, etc.
- Ensure efficient and streamlined version control and workflow, supporting the team in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
Necessary Skills ...
- Strong C, BASH, and Python development skills are musts. Rust experience is a plus.
- Building, testing, debugging, and porting Linux kernel code. Must be comfortable building and configuring the Linux kernel across different versions and operating system variants
- Comfortable communicating technical topics with external entities over email, phone, video, and in-person
- Some knowledge/experience with ARM
- Some knowledge/experience with x86 assembly and Yocto
- Experience troubleshooting firmware, boot loaders, and low-level operating system code on various hardware to include embedded processing boards, rack servers, and chassis subsystems
- Experience working with Xen-based virtualization as well as using and testing on Linux systems is a plus
- Understanding of information security practices (cryptography, privilege separation, etc.)
- Experience with Git and familiarity with Github Flow
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (with GitLab CI experience a plus)
- Strong technical writing skills
Development @ Star Lab
We are looking for developers with a desire to explore and solve difficult security problems. Team members receive a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. Individuals selected for employment can work at any of Star Lab's four locations.
Due to security requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.