Senior Product Line Manager - Cloud Platform
SENIOR PRODUCT LINE MANGER – CLOUD PLATFORM
US or CANADA
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As Sr. Product Manager on the Wind River Studio Product Management team, you will take ownership of key components and use cases at the heart of the Wind River cloud portfolio of products. You’ll be responsible for establishing a roadmap for supporting the CSP - Cloud use cases such as Container as a Service, Container Orchestration and other new and upcoming cloud native technologies. Working closely with engineering teams, customers, partners, executive leadership, and services team, leverage your technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities. The role requires passion for building outstanding products that customers love to use, appreciation for working with great engineers, willingness to do what it takes to help grow the business, wisdom to make tough tradeoffs and keep up with a high pace growth environment.
Interface & Collaboration
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, professional services and other partners to drive revenue opportunities
- Proactively engage with the customer—actively listen to their challenges and help craft appropriate solutions that align
- Work shoulder to shoulder with a high caliber engineering team to deliver high quality product.
- Define and own the strategy, roadmap for CSP - Operator solutions with a focus on Orchestration capabilities
- Leverage diplomacy, integrity, and presence to enable you to work effectively at all levels within large organization
- Evangelize and drive the product roadmap across various functional teams within Wind River
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and flexibility to jump in and roll-up your sleeves when the situation demands
- Holistically analyze the CSP - Operator and Orchestration market in the context of Far Edge Cloud deployments, customer needs, trends and competitors to determine opportunities for Wind River
- Define use cases, product requirements as well as multi-year product roadmap
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
Deep expertise in one or more of the following technology areas:
- Familiarity with Far Edge Cloud deployments and Public cloud landscape with expertise in one of the following: Orchestration and Management of Clouds (Required) Distributed Cloud, CSP/ Telco segment, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Experience with Open Source technologies/projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Strong writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly, to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Public speaking experience and comfort
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and the ability to translate those skills into a proven track record in delivering successful, award winning online products
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree with 5+ years of relevant experience. MS/MBA preferred
- Demonstrated credibility with customers, partners and cross functional stakeholders
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in product management capacity
- Customer facing and market analysis experience highly preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.