Product Manager (Owner) - Customer Experience
Location – USA or CANADA
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The role requires passion for building outstanding products that are a delight to use. Your success will be defined by experimental results, in situation customer feedback and customer productivity. You will be working with great engineers to make tough tradeoffs and keep up with a dynamic, high pace growth environment.
Interface & Collaboration
Work closely with a team of product managers, user experience designers, internal and external stakeholders to create a unique and transformative software development, deployment and operations environment driven through customer stories/scenarios. Engage with customers, partners, executive leadership, and services teams to drive alignment on highly productive and highly valued customer experiences. Align on experience messages with marketing, sales, professional services and other partners to drive consistent customer empathy and value.
- Create an overall vision for a great customer experience of Wind River future software development environments
- Drive customers empathy with internal stakeholders to define workflows to solve key customer problems using the Wind River DevSecOps environment
- Employ diplomacy, integrity, and presence to enable you to drive consensus around customer experience issues among stakeholders, at all levels of the organization
- Establish a rhythm for continuously refining Wind River’s overall methodology and user experience design
- Harvest resources (e.g., customer support, professional services, research, customer interviews, in product feedback, in product telemetry and customer testing) to refine our customer hypothesis, scenarios and identify new experiences
- Write comprehensive assessments of market leading experiences, to identify product opportunities to define next generation user experiences
- Lean on legal, licensing, sales, training, and documentation teams to ensure we deliver a compliant, accessible experiences for a worldwide customer base.
- Prioritize investments to bring maximum value to customer in future release of the product
- Codify requirements for the customer experience in documents that identify the personas, scenarios, workflows, and success metrics for each interaction that customers have with the product
- Make day to day decisions to shape the product with your fellow product managers, the user experience team, and the development team. Refine Stories, prioritize features, triage bugs, and hone the product value proposition.
- Demonstrate Wind River products, new user interfaces and features to customers and create sales and marketing material and convey the value of the product customer experience and productivity benefits
- Evangelize and drive the product roadmap across various functional teams within Wind River
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and flexibility to jump in and roll-up your sleeves when the situation demands
- Proactively engage with the customer; actively listen to their challenges and help craft appropriate solutions
CORE COMPETENCIES & DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS
Deep expertise in several of the following skills and technology areas:
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management, Product Management and/or UX Design experience in a software development environment.
- Experience and demonstrated leadership in designing Cloud-based experiences for software development and deployment tools.
- Top notch interviewing skills to use when talking to customer and other stakeholders to understand their goals, needs and motivation
- Success in representing the customer with product and engineering teams, in a technically challenging environment, to ensure that their needs are a top priority in the design and development process
- Proven skill in writing requirements that are detailed and, at the same time, can be easily understood by the people who will be implementing them
- Experience designing in security and privacy principles into solutions that operating in product cloud environments.
- 5+ years customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains
- Experience employing experimental techniques, statistical techniques and analytics tools to harvest customer data
- Familiarity with several of the following technical domains: Embedded Software, Edge Computing, IoT, Public Cloud landscape, open source technologies, open source projects and open source development tools
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly, to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience – including comfort with public speaking experience
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and the ability to translate those skills into a proven track record in delivering successful, award winning online product
- Ability to empathize with customers and use to anticipate the preferences and future needs
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science, UX design or related technical degree with 5+ years of relevant experience. MS/MBA preferred
- Demonstrated credibility with customers, partners, and cross functional stakeholders
- A minimum of 5-years of professional experience in product management or program management capacity working with a software engineering team
- Customer facing and market analysis experience highly preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.