Member of Technical Staff - Embedded Software Engineer (VxWorks)
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer-focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software defined world.
Who You Will Work With:
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled "Operating System and Studio Cloud" development team delivering products, with a focus on Edge Device development and on operating systems and hypervisor technologies.
- Develop Core OS technologies for our embedded Operating Systems VxWorks.
- Work on Hypervisor technology with emphasis on VxWorks as a guest OS.
- Develop and deliver high quality design, code, and test following a CI/CD model and agile methodology.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using Agile development.
- Be part of the WR Studio program that offers the Edge Device solutions.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Excellent programming skills using C
- Experience in assembly, Python, and other development language a plus.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience with RTOS software development such as core OS kernel capabilities.
- Low level device driver, BSP board bring up, or architecture level development is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Flexible home office! We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule or 100% remote
- Named Top Workplacefor the 8th year in a row
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- 100% Employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Flexible Time Off policy* + 12 observed Holidays
- 401K with company match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
The annual base salary range for this role’s listed grade level is currently $124,900 - $169,000 plus bonus for Colorado residents, $124,900- $169,000 plus bonus for New York and New Jersey residents, and $139,300 – $188,000 plus bonus for California and Washington residents. Salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, location and abilities of the applicant, and equity with other team members. Employees in this role are also eligible for the following benefits in accordance with the terms of the Company's plans: health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flex time off, eligibility to enroll in 401k, 12 paid holidays.
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.