Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
The Sr.Oracle DBA is responsible for providing 24x7 operational and project support for the Wind River database and applications infrastructure. This position will cover 2nd shift responsibilities and will require working hours from 2 pm - 10 pm local time, plus on-call duties as needed.
- Support Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.2.7, Oracle 11g Application Server, and Oracle Discoverer on Linux.
- Perform Oracle E-Business Suite configuration, cloning and backup
- Perform installation and upgrade of databases, application and tools
- Implement and manage patching of databases and applications
- Perform DBMS operational procedures and support (including data modeling, replication, administration, maintenance, performance monitoring/optimization, capacity planning, space management and recovery).
- Technical troubleshooting of applications (particularly EBS) and database systems
- Proven ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines.
- Take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Strong Planning/Task Organization skills
- Must have 5-10 years’ experience with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Must have worked on Oracle Applications version R12
- Must have production database administration experience. Should have administered databases of size over 300+ Gigabytes.
- Must have operations skills and discipline.
- Comfortable with both Linux operating systems.
- Create and administer database servers – backup (RMAN), recovery, monitoring, tuning, etc.
- Administer database accounts according to the security and account management policy set by DBA manager.
- Ability to install, backup, restore, reorganize, plan capacity, recover, tune performance, and design. Experience in Multi node setup and load balancing.
- Experience with tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Experience in SQL, UNIX shell scripts programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Oracle OID/SSO experience
- Oracle SOA infrastructure experience
- Vertex application infrastructure experience
- Database upgrade experience
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) experience
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.