Corporate FP&A Manager
Location: Alameda, CA Preferred
Other Possible Locations: Seattle, WA / Portland, OR
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The role will be part of the Finance team based in Alameda and will directly assist the Corporate FP&A organization. Responsibilities will be driven by the Corporate Finance team with particular emphasis on supporting the executive team and driving corporate level reporting, forecasting, budget variance tracking, business analysis, product line KPIs and General Finance depending on the business cycle. The team you will represent is pivotal to management support and analysis of business metrics. Your contribution in this role will impact the success of corporate finance and the company’s overall business strategy. The focus of this role is to provide support to the executive team as well as various other business partners in the organization.
Interface & Collaboration
- Report directly to the Director of Corporate FP&A
- You will be an integral part of the worldwide FP&A team
- You will collaborate with Finance & Accounting as well as cross functionally throughout the organization
- Support the preparation of meeting materials to support clear communications and understanding at the executive and board level
- Facilitate the preparation, reporting and analysis of corporate level annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly estimates.
- Anticipate potential questions and conduct investigations of errors and variance analysis independently and collaborate with management to resolve business issues.
- Assist with compilation and review of corporate, business unit, and functional organization presentations
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Contribute to development of budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Highly driven individual who values opportunities to grow and develop professionally in a high visibility role with a broad array of potential responsibilities
- Must take initiative in anticipating the needs of the executive team and other business leaders
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Possesses a clear commitment to generating results and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical, technically strong and effective communicators
- Proven track record of financial statement analysis and developing impactful business analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business – MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial analysis experience preferably with a software company in a high visibility finance, strategy or analytics role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills highly desired
- Knowledge of Oracle, Salesforce, Adaptive Planning, Anaplan would be a benefit
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.