Senior Systems Engineer(Industrial)
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The position is an integral part of our global field sales team at Wind River and focus on technical presale. This role will cover Korea Industrial. This position is an opportunity for anyone who wants to expand their R&D Industrial experiences into all aspects of embedded software through hands-on experience.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to Director, Field Engineering.
Working with world leading provider of embedded software OS, Cloud, IoT and Industrial solutions, you will manage all technical needs of the major Industrial customers, including Energy, Electricity, Train, Industrial Control, Robotics, etc. in your region. You will work closely with account managers and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services and expertise.
- As a sales team member, focus on technical presales and help account team to grow revenues.
- Manage all technical needs of account utilizing all available resources.
- Manage technical resources to effectively meet customer product life-cycle needs.
- Serve as a single technical point of contact, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River networking solutions expert.
- Exhibit leadership skills during customer requirements analysis and creating technical solutions.
- Develop territory and regional (multi-site) account plans with the Account managers and execute successfully.
- Listen to customer’s needs, architect solutions and present value proposition.
- Manage Trade Shows and Seminars.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
- Increase Wind River market share with each customer.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experiences with Industrial system R&D, such as PLC, Motion Control, Robotics, High Speed Training, Electricity Control System, etc.
- Pre-sales Experience, comfort and confidence in front of customers.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Technical Presale experience is plus.
- Degree education: Bachelor of Computer Engineering and EE are prefer, Master degree is plus.
- 6+ years embedded system and software development experience for Industrial Systems, with 4+ years full time RTOS, Linux BSP and driver related development experiences.
- Working/functional knowledge of Robotics, High Speed Train, Electricity Power system, PLC, Motion Control.
- RTOS bsp and application development experiences, VxWorks is plus.
- Strong Linux background covering usage, administration, (distribution) building and development (kernel and bsp).
- Programming skills in various programming languages: C++/C (desired), scripting languages, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Life and Disease Insurance
- Annual Medical Check-up
- Selective Working Hour
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.