Engineer - Embedded Development
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Engineer, who will join the Professional Services Studio team at Wind River. Wind River Professional Services is a world leader in providing embedded platforms based on VxWorks and the Yocto Linux distribution. These embedded platforms are used in a variety of industries; Telecom, Industrial, Medical, A&D, etc. Wind River has more than 30 years of experience developing embedded operating systems. Working at Wind River you will be joining an experienced team comprised of RTOS, Linux, system, and complier experts. Wind River has developed a long-term cooperation with many of the leading silicon companies. As part of your role at Wind River you will work on a variety of VxWorks releases and leading-edge hardware platforms.
Interface & Collaboration
You will be an integral part of the Wind River Studio VxWorks Professional Services team. You will directly support customers, the global field engineering team, the premium support team, collaborate with the R&D engineers, and participate in contributing to internal and open-source communities.
- Resolve escalations and TSRs (Technical Support Requests) from customers under a SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Fix defects reported by internal and external users.
- Investigate and resolve security issues (CVEs).
- Integrate open source or independent software vendors' software components.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- A self-motivated person with high responsibility.
- Embedded development and build experience.
- Experience in developing a solution based on a RTOS will be a plus.
- Experience in developing a solution based on the Yocto project will be a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or related majors.
- At least 1 year embedded platform working experience, including kernel, user space, and build systems.
- Developing experience and familiar with C language programming.
- Experience with git and Jira is a plus.
- Have basic knowledge of Operating System concepts and RTOS / Linux kernel internals.
- Have knowledge and experience fixing and patching embedded software solutions (Yocto, CentOS, VxWorks, etc).
- Good English communication skills in reading, writing and speaking.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.