Web Application Developer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems, and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing software engineer for a position developing a cloud-based platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience in cloud-native software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
Interface & Collaboration
The successful candidate will work and collaborate with development and customer facing teams to ensure high levels of intuitive usability and product quality.
As a Senior Cloud Application Developer, you will architect and develop production web applications through testable and maintainable code. Wind River’s engineers are developing next-generation technologies that will handle information and data at a large scale.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work with large scale microservice architecture backends using message brokers, data pipelines, etc.
In a company with significant growth and the leader in embedded platforms, you will be part of a team developing and supporting the tools infrastructure used by all engineering teams. This position requires proven skills in software development tools and excellent English oral and written communication skills. The ability to consider multiple operating systems while designing and implementing a feature is essential. You will likely need to work with a variety of tools, operating systems, and products to ensure delivery of high-quality code.
- Experience with clean web design using technologies like: Angular 9, Typescript, Material Design, HTML5 and CSS3.
- 3+ years working in software web stack development.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks like Cucumber, Jasmine, Chai or Sinon desired.
- 3+ years of experience developing with backend technologies like Nodejs, Express.
- Proficiency in SQL across standard relational environments like PostgreSQL.
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience.
- Plus: basic understanding of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS or Azure) such as compute, Docker/Kubernetes, storage and database.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.