Senior Engineer Cloud Networking
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we have the opportunity to work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack, and fast-paced Open-Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation, and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications.
- Develop leading-edge, high-performance cloud and container technologies for the Edge.
- Work as part of a team focused on networking and security in a cloud environment
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open-source software projects today – Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, etc.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open-source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully-featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
Core Competencies, Demonstrated Success & Qualifications
- 6+ years' experience in software development
- Excellent programming skills using Python and Go.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Experience with networking software development – with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Kubernetes Networking
- Open stack Neutron
- Virtual switching (OVS, OVSP-DPDK Exposure)
- Linux Network Stack
- L2/L3 Networking protocols
- Experience with containers and cloud-based technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes(k8s). Open stack would be an asset to have.
- Exposure to Flux CD and Helm chart would be an asset.
- Experience with git or other source control systems.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- to other languages (Ansible, Puppet, SQL, Shell Scripting, C/C++) would be an asset.
- Contributions to an open-source community would be an asset.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.