Software Engineer - SDK and Tools
Help develop the Software Development Kit (SDK) and tooling for a new strategic initiative at Wind River Systems. Leveraging knowledge of the Embedded OS developer and Cloud Native application space, this position will work with the lead in driving the SDK & Tools development, and integration efforts. We are looking for people with the ability to work as an individual, within a small team, and especially across functional organizations, in a highly dynamic and geographically dispersed environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers using the SDK
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the SDK & Tools group
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
Who You Will Work With:
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers at all levels and across our multiple product lines, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering. WR Engineering works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania, and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Junior to mid-level opportunity, working in collaboration with the senior and technical leads. Participating in cross-organizational work groups.
- Interfacing with FAEs and Product Management on requirements and use ability of our core products.
What Are The Requirements?
- 3 to 5 years of proficient experience working on software products
- Self-driven quick learner, with attention to detail and quality
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Lean concepts, Git, and Atlassian suite of tools
- Experience with API design and SDK architecture
- Windows and Linux based platforms and environments
- C, C++, Python, and Java,
- Knowledge and utilization of such tools as Eclipse, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code
- Strong development experience, as well as functional and automated testing knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interworking skills
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. From planes, trains, automobiles, and even Mars Rovers, to medical devices and industrial robots, Wind River technology is found in more than 2 billion products that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Interested in working for an innovative global software leader that is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems? Wind River has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 6 consecutive years, and we're looking for top talent to contribute to our continued success...join us!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.