Inside Account Executive
Location: Alameda, CA - Preferred
Remote Home Office - Possible
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical Intelligent Systems software, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems, and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Inside Account Executive play a critical role in developing and managing successful relationships with new customers and selling to Wind River’s largest strategic customers. You start with a book of business which you will work to renew, while also generating new business in your respective region, either through prospecting or leads. Upon selling the new business, you will continue to work accounts for upsells and cross sell opportunities.
We are looking for motivated, articulate, high-energy, quota carrying, Inside Sales professionals with a proven sales track record. Must be able to multi-task, own the entire sales cycle, and be a team player.
Interface & Collaboration
- Account Managers that address complex business and engineering issues with our customers.
- Field Application Engineers who craft technical solutions for our customers.
- Various internal departments to craft a complete deal packet.
- Selling Wind River software development tools, customer training and professional services engagements
- Lead and close the Renewal of existing Subscriptions and Maintenance Renewals.
- Provide relevant Market and Account Information to the AM for meaningful prospecting, including supporting sales and marketing activities; researching markets, account, executives; and maintaining and preparing detailed quotes/proposals in cooperation with our AM and Sales Support teams
- Sales support for Account Manager, Technical Account Manager and Services Sales Manager along the full Sales lifecycle
- Contribute to the account planning process
- Updates, Business volume, Contact details, Timelines, ELM renewal dates, Expected PL orders
- Assure a proper Order processing in collaboration with Sales Support
- Monitor dormant accounts/departments and initiating proper follow-up activities
- Ensure accurate communication to all stakeholders in the Sales Process (Deal Desk, Legal, Finance, Export, etc.)
- Understand and execute complex sales contracts
- Close deals you initiate and assist field sales teams to close large, more complex deals
- Maintain customer data in Salesforce CRM system
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 4+ years of sales and prospecting experience in a technology focused corporate environment (software sales preferred)
- Ability to run and close complex deals with particular attention to detail
- Experience cold-calling, prospecting and lead generation
- Experience closing sales up to the $250K range
- Professional work ethic and integrity
- Ability to grasp technical concepts of the Embedded Software industry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.